Thursday, July 16, 2009

From Dora: Remembering Grandpa

This is a post from our new guest/co-blogger, Dora Fisher.

It has been 50 days since my grandfather, Harry E. Fisher, passed away. As time moves on there are some wonderful things that stand out in my mind about him that I would like to share.

My grandfather loved his wife, my grandmother. He was not a particularly expressive person, but you can see it in how his face is so much softer and happier in every photo with her. This is one of my favorites:


My grandfather and I shared an obsession with dark chocolate. Now, every time I open my freezer and see our stash sitting there-- keeping it frozen was a trick I learned from grandpa-- I think of him. When I was a little girl, I loved visiting my grandparents over school breaks. My grandpa and I would eat dark chocolate together and watch movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment