Friday, April 17, 2009

Betty and Annie (various locations, around 1954)

My mother was the oldest of 6 siblings, my father the oldest of 4. They were married when they were 17 and 16 years old, respectively, and their families lived on Washington Avenue in the Bronx, just a few blocks away from each other. As a result, all the kids in both families hung out together, and were all friends to some extent.

The best of friends were my father's sister Annie and my mother's sister Betty. They married Stretch and George, respectively, a few apart in January, 1954.


Betty (left) and Annie at Betty's wedding.


At Betty's wedding, that's Annie's husband Stretch (Irving Jacobson) standing next to Betty's father at the alter.


Betty and George (not quite married yet) at Annie's wedding. They got married right after that.


And finally, Betty and her sisters Rae and Sue at Annie's wedding. (My mother undoubtedly did the annotating.)

No comments:

Post a Comment