Monday, May 18, 2009

Barcelona (Barcelona, Spain, July 1999)

Delighted about Dora & Norman's trip to wonderful Barcelona in 2 days. So I thought I'd do a Barcelona post.

This picture is the Gaudi lizard in Parc Güell. The other 2 below are Gaudi rooftops. This lizard was the informal logo of the Lisard (Long Instruction Supercomputing and Rendering Device) project at my HP lab, which had strong connections with HP Barcelona. The "Xth" Lisard, Lx, designed by HP and STM in my lab, with Paolo Faraboschi as the lead architect, has now passed 70 million processors sold. It is used mostly for digital video, and also for other functions (including in HP printers, which was the original goal).


I had to go to Barcelona a million times on business, and Elizabeth tagged along on many of them. It's one of our favorite cities in the world, and we have friends there, but eventually we kind of ran out of tourist stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment