Sunday, May 31, 2009

Harry Littman (New York, around 1960)

Harry Littman was Willa's first husband, and the father of her daughter Jill. When I was in my early teens, Harry often let me/encouraged me to do things my parents wouldn't have approved of (e.g. I drove on the NJ Turnpike at about age 13). Jill now lives in South Florida, so we've had a little contact with her (and I have a picture of her somewhere to add to my 1st cousin collection). Harry eventually also moved to South Florida, and had a wine bar in Fort Lauderdale, but died about 3 years ago.


At some point, Harry sold cameras for a living, at one of the big midtown camera stores (I think he did that a lot). He loaned me a very small Minolta camera, and I took the first picture I ever took, in a taxi on our way to an amusement park in NY. Here's the picture, it is of Larry, with Betti Joy looking on at the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment