Monday, May 4, 2009

Wegmans (West Henrietta, NY, ~1988-1992)

At some point after moving to Rochester, my mother discovered Wegman's Supermarkets. They had a once state-of-the-art store right near their house (I think my parents were already there when it was opened). Wegman's is a privately-held (my mother would always tell of her encounters with Danny Wegman), Rochester-based, 72-store chain that is always rated at or near the top in any supermarket ratings (e.g. 2009 Consumer Reports says it's the best).

For my mother, her love of it was almost a religious thing. It was a really big part of her life. Thus, supermarket pictures...



The two families together, once again, Sue and Betsy Fisher in the back (Sam's wife and daughter), Betty and Judi (from my mother's side) with my mother in the front. I'm guessing they were all there for my mother's 60th birthday party in 1988.


Stefanie and Josh.

No comments:

Post a Comment